Mrs. M. Ryerse started Ryerse Flowers in her home, downtown Simcoe, in 1912. They sold mostly homegrown flowers and roses from Ivey’s in Port Dover. During WW1, they built greenhouses to grow year round flowers and potted plants. Soon they had spring crops for farmer’s to buy like celery and tomatoes. In 1941, the two Ryerse sons took over the business and moved to the current location on Norfolk St. N. Many changes happened to the business when Bob Ryerse purchased it in the 60s.
In November of 1989, Bob Ryerse retired and sold the business to David Rusling and his family of Waterford. In 1991, David made a brave move to join a buying group called Garden Gallery. New greenhouses and retail space were built and product selections broadened and improved. Floral Design, Garden Centre, Growing and Landscaping are still the core business and are our customers loyal following.